A 1957-60 project that, unfortunately, no longer exists as conceived. The area offered for the construction was in São Cristóvão square, which in the project’s conception was kept untouched in its original form – the square’s outline had an elliptical shape -, thus preserving existing streets and trees. It was originally designed to host national and international exhibitions, fairs and cultural events. The 250 x 150m roof was considered quite bold for the time. The large reinforced concrete beam, with an elliptical plan, served as an anchorage for the steel cables that supported the roof. The movement of this ring of variable height, from 2 to 32m, molded this cover in the shape of a paraboloid-hyperboloid, resulting in an internal space of 30,000m².